South Lakes High School – home of the Seahawks – is a dynamic community school that features the renowned International Baccalaureate program. The school also has an award-winning fine and performing arts program. Students from over 70 countries provide South Lakes with a diverse perspective that will help graduates as they prepare to take their place in the world.
South Lakes has been honored as a Blue Ribbon School for its outstanding chorus, music and band programs. The school also recently underwent a total renovation, giving the campus state-of-the-art facilities.
- Handicap Accessible: Ramps
- Founding Date: Jun 01 1978
- Number of students: 1850
- Parking: Free lot
- How engaged is the school with the community?: South Lakes is Reston's high school and is a central part of the community. Students and parents are active and support many extracurricular activities such as band, chorus, sports, fine arts and performing arts.
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Band, chorus, theatre, orchestra
- Sports teams: Football, basketball, tennis, softball, swimming and diving, track and field, cross country, wrestling, soccer, lacrosse