After several clients asked my opinion about the five (presuming I could only pick five) best exercises to practice, I decided to write a newsletter article about it.
My exercise judging criteria were as follows:
- The exercises would be safe for most populations
- The exercises would provide maximum benefits for posture, balance, strength and stamina
- The exercises would enhance Activities of Daily Living or ADLs; the activities you go about while living each and every day
- The exercises could be performed without expensive or sophisticated equipment
Here is the list that I came up with:
1. Legs, Hips and Back: Squats
2. Balance: Single Leg Balance
3. The Core: Plank or 1/2 Plank
4. Whole Body Strength and Cardiovascular: Star Jumps, Jump Rope or Fast Walk
5. Whole Body Strength and Endurance: Walkouts on a Fitness Ball
You can Click Here to read my entire newsletter article, Exercises Designed to Help Save Your Life, that includes a description of each exercise.