The slogan for the Beer Bourbon & BBQ Festival is "Brew It. Taste It. Sip It. Pork It."
To which many visitors will say "Yes, please."
This national tour (much like the Great Grapes! that visits Reston Town Center twice a year) has added Reston to its other Mid-Atlantic Stops.
It's a day of fun for a demographic that loves smoking, drinking and eating.
Here's the skinny:
* Saturday, 2 to 6 p.m. at Reston Town Center. * Tickets start at $35. Click here for more info. * Admission includes: Souvenir glass for tastings; Unlimited beer and bourbon tastings - there will be 40 bourbons and 60 beers on tap.
There will also be all things BBQ for purchase - including pulled pork from whole hogs, ribs, brisket, chickens, sausages, as well as BBQ and butcher demonstrations, live music and a cigar tent.
So, get ready to chow down and have fun. And, please, drink responsibly (designated driver tickets are $25).
Also going on this weekend:
* Friday - South Lakes hosts Herndon in the annual "Baron Cameron Bowl" football game. Kickoff is 7:30 p.m. Can SLHS score a repeat victory this year?
* Saturday: The Fourth Annual Latino Fest takes place at Southgate Community Center, 12125 Pinecrest Rd. Enjoy music, food and family fun from 1 to 5 p.m. at this free festival.
* The Reston Useful Services Exchange is holding its annual membership party. Want to get involved with this timebank, bartering and shared services club? Stop by the party, which begins Saturday at 4 p.m. Details here.
* The ribbon cutting for the Midtown Mural will take place Saturday at 10 a.m. Local artist Dana Scheurer designed this public art on New Dominion Drive, and a crew of muralists worked on it all through the summer.