Nearly 700 athletes are registered for
If you have somewhere you need to be Sunday morning, watch for these road closing and keep the following in mind:
* The triathlon begins at 7 a.m. at Lake Audubon, at the boat ramp near There will be lots of spectators in that area and cars parked along Twin Branches Road.
* The first bike on the road after the swim will be about 7:25 a.m. and the last bike will be finished about 8:30 am.
* The roads that will be in use for the bike portion of the triathlon: Twin Branches, Glade,a small portion of Soapstone, Lawyers, Reston Parkway, Colts Neck and South Lakes Drive. Only one lane of each of these roads will be closed.
* The course of the bike portion is as follows: From Lake Audubon right on Twin Branches, Right on Glade to Soapstone, Left on Soapstone to Lawyers, Right on Lawyers, Right on Reston Parkway, Right on Colts Neck to Right on South Lakes. Each athlete will do three loops. After three loops athletes turn left on Ridge Heights, Left on Seahawk Drive to right into the back of
* The running portion will take place along Reston trails and end at the South Lakes High School stadium. The first runners will enter the stadium about 9 a.m.
Please plan accordingly and slow down if cyclists and runners are nearby.