Come to Cub Scouts Pack 1170 JOIN SCOUTING NIGHT: September 24, 2012 at 6:30 pm in the Cafeteria at Forest Edge Elementary School 1501 Becontree Lane Reston, VA 20190.
If you have a son in grades 1-5 he can join Cub Scouts - bring your son(s) and attend our Join Scouting Night at no obligation to learn more about scouting and our pack.
Fun Pack 1170 Activities Every Month:
- September 24 - Join Scouting Night
- October 20 – Fall Family Campout at Lake Fairfax and Donut Sale
- November – March in the Reston Holiday Parade and Scouting for Food Drive
- December 3 – Ice Skating in Reston Town Center
- January 13 – Pinewood Derby Race
- February 8 – Blue and Gold Banquet or Bowling Night
- April 27 – Overnight Onboard the Constellation, a Retired Naval Vessel and a Local Community Service Project (cleanup a school, park, etc.)
- May – Spring Campout – Lake Fairfax
- June – Raingutter Regatta and Courtney Schilling Race Support
- July 7-13 – Goshen Scout Reservation Camp for Webelos
- August – Family Picnic
This video shows just a few of the activities our Cub Scouts do over the course of a typical year in Pack 1170. We hope you'll join us for great activities that help your son grow as a person and leader. If your son is a Webelo starting 4th or 5th grade, then Goshen Scout Camp in the summer is also a possibility for 1 week of camping adventure.
Join Pack 1170 and earn your "Knee Deep in Awesomeness Badge"!
Cub Scouts is a year-round family- and home-centered program that develops ethical decision-making skills for boys in the second through fifth grade (or who are 8, 9, and 10 years old). Activities emphasize character development, citizenship training, and personal fitness.
Reston, VA is home to Pack 1170 and draws boys in grades 1-5 from Lake Anne, Forest Edge, and Buzz Aldrin Elementary Schools.