Federal agencies in the Washington, DC, area are open, under two hour delayed arrival and employees have the option for unscheduled leave or unscheduled telework.
Employees should plan to arrive for work no more than two hours later than they would be expected to arrive.
All Fairfax County public schools will be closed on Wednesday, Jan. 22. Offices will be open with an unscheduled leave policy in effect.
The following activities in schools and on school grounds are canceled:
· extracurricular activities
· interscholastic contests
· team practices
· field trips
· middle school after-school programs
· professional learning and training courses
· all adult and community education classes
· recreation programs and community use by outside groups not affiliated with FCPS
School Age Child Care (SACC) centers are closed.
Government and Courts
- Fairfax County Government offices will be open on Wednesday, Jan. 22, however employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court andJuvenile and Domestic Relations District Court have not yet made a decision on operating status.
Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers
- If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- For Department of Neighborhood and Community Servicesprograms and events visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- The Reston Community Center and the McLean Community Center may be affected by the inclement weather. Call RCC at703-476-4500, TTY 711, www.restoncommunitycenter.com or MCC at 703-790-0123, TTY 711, www.mcleancenter.org for their current operating status.
Transportation: Connector, Fastran
- Fairfax Connector bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page atwww.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- For information about FASTRAN, call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm.
Public Assistance Lobbies/SkillSource
- Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go towww.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
View the public meetings calendar at for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
FOLLOW RESTON PATCH FOR THE LATEST NEWS AND EVENTS!
Facebook | Twitter | Daily & Breaking News E-mail Updates