The following seats will be open:
- Hunters Woods/Dogwood district director, three-year term
- At-Large director, three-year term
- Apartment Owners representative,three-year term
- At-Large director, one-year term
- Be a Member of the Reston Association as of Jan. 27, 2014.
- Reside in a residential property within the Reston Master Plan, and if you are filling to run for the open seat in the Hunters Woods/Dogwood District, you reside in that District.
- Have no unpaid fee, regular or Special Assessment, attorney’s fees or costs, and/or outstanding violation of the Reston Documents
- Are not an employee of the Reston Association.
Candidates must complete a Statement and a Petition of Candidacy, and have them turned in by 5 p.m. Friday, Jan. 31.
For the petition, candidates must have signatures of members of at least 25 different households, all of which must be RA members by Jan. 27, 2014.
Hunters Woods/Dogwood district candidates must get their petition signatures from households in that district.
Signatures should be legible and accompanied by printed names and addresses, so the information will be verified.
The Reston Association's election committee "strongly encourages" candidates to obtain more than 25 signatures.
The election process is run by the RA's election committee, which is appointed by the RA's Board of Directors.
More information is available here, and by e-mail at email@example.com or calling 703-435-6512.
FOLLOW RESTON PATCH FOR THE LATEST NEWS AND EVENTS!
Facebook | Twitter | Daily & Breaking News E-mail Updates