Cleanup from June's Derecho and other storms cost Reston Association an additional $103,823.
The RA Board of Directors last week approved a budget amendment that that amount be added to the 2012 Operating Budget in order to cover unbudgeted items.
Storm Related Expenses
* $3,000 for tree crews working overtime
* $4,368 for crane rental for tree work
* $9,550 for contract removal of trees that RA was not able to do in-house
* $9,314 to survey property corners to establish RA property
General Unbudgeted Expenses
* $4,000 for weekend invasive exotic removal with Weed Warriors
* $5,489 for Chipper Repair
* $33,740 to hire a contractor to grade out and stabilize a dredge spoil site. The site was built for a 2010 lake dredging project.
* $29,245 for additional engineering effort to prepare Emergency Action Plan and meet new code requirements for submittal to state for dam re-certification
* $7,446 to treat Lake Thoreau for acquatic weeds
* $127, 401 to cover $100,000 in budget cuts during the developement process
Those expenses total $233,573, but about $129,000 of costs will be covered by areas in the budget that came in under budget this year.