Once the Silver Line is handed over, Metro will test it out for 90 days before opening it to the public, the Post reported.
Metro may not need the full 90 days to test the Silver Line.
The new metro service will run from the new Wiehle-Reston East station in Fairfax County, connecting with Metro’s Orange Line in East Falls Church. From there the service then follow the tracks of the existing Orange and Blue lines across the Potomac River from Rossyln and through the core of downtown Washington.
Later, the Silver Line will extend from Wiehle-Reston East to Dulles International Airport.
Here's more info on the Wiehle-Reston station:
- Reserved parking spaces: $65 a month (managed by LAZ Parking)
- Reserved secure bike room: Special: $45 for the first year (before Mar. 1) or $75 for two years
- Located at 1862 Wiehle Avenue, Reston
- Near the intersection of Wiehle Avenue and Dulles Toll Road (Route 267)
- Served by routes 505, 507 , 551, 552, 553, 554, 557, 558, 559, 585, 599, 924, 926, 929, 950, 951, 952, 980,981, 985, RIBS1, RIBS2, RIBS3 and RIBS4
- Park and Ride including covered garage
- Kiss and Ride - north side
- 10 bus bays - in covered garage, 5 bus bays - south side
- Pedestrian bridge over toll road
- Future Connector Store location
- 2,300 commuter parking spaces, $4.75 a day
- Station maintained by: WMATA
- Parking garage maintained by: Fairfax County
Are you looking forward to trying out the Silver Line? Will you use it on a regular basis?