Forget the summer lull. There is lots to pay attention to this week in Reston.
1. On Tuesday, The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors are scheduled to hold a public hearing on the Do you think it is too tall and too far from the Metro? Or just right for Reston's new urban landscape? You can attend the hearing at 3:30 p.m. at the Fairfax County Government Center, tune in on Comcast cable channel 16, or check Reston Patch for updates and outcomes.
2. On Wednesday, the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) will hold The meeting, in an open house format, is from 5 to 8 p.m. at
3. On Thursday,will hold its regular meeting. A hot topic sure to be discussed: Want to tell the board of directors how you feel about potential redevelopment? Get on the speakers list by arriving a few minutes early for the 7 p.m. meeting at RA headquarters.
4. On Friday, the South Lakes Seahawks host perennial power Stone Bridge for their first home game of 2012. South Lakes, coming off a 21-7 victory over neighborhood rival Herndon, lost to Stone Bridge 50-13 in their 2011 meeting. Game time is 7:30 p.m.
5. On Saturday, Del. Ken Plum will hold his annual Plum Family Picnic. Come to the North Hills Picnic Pavillion, 1325 North Village Rd., to meet Plum, his wife Jane and other area elected officials. There will be food, drink and music. Admission is free.