My exciting and overbooked schedule has once again kept me from something fun I had been looking forward to doing. I missed and will now have to rely on the information I have gleaned from four decades of Road Runner cartoons. Beep. Beep.
A lesser woman would beat herself up for missing such an important informational session, but I am channeling my innner Julie Andrews and cheering myself up with an enumeration of all the great things I have going for me.
I know the original has something about sleigh bells on kittens but that seems mean and creepy so I have my own version.
"When the schools close
When the Caps lose
When I'm feeling down
I simply remember
my favorite things
and put them in About Town."
So, here's my list of things which make me happy:
1) Nobody is my house is in diapers. The kids are all toilet trained and my husband and I can look forward to a good 20 years of reliable bladder control.
2) I live in the epicenter of the explosion of cupcake bakeries. makes them. makes them. has them too. Now, there's going to be a . I wonder if hers will come with sprynkles.
3) then there will be one more place where my children have not already created a scene. All of you may have forgotten about the time my son set off the fire alarm at Udvar Hazy, but I remember it like it was yesterday.
4) . This event will also coincide with my oldest child's achieving the age at which the Commonwealth of Virginia allows people who are barely out of infancy to operate motor vehicles. Anyone want to help me lobby for monorail service in town? I promise you that it will avoid my kid putting the family car into the fountain at .
5) I will once again be able to send my family across the street this summer to swim while I stay in an empty house and bask in the glory of a Costco-sized box of Wheat Thins and a pile of books. I've already stockpiled the sunscreen and juice boxes.
A quiet house where nobody is trying to ride the dog is definitely one of my favorite things.