Job Title: Manager On Duty
Reports To: General Manager
Summary: Oversees the quality and success of Goldfish Swim School. This encompasses all daily operations including staffing, pool operations, cash management, customer service, retail and vending department, birthday party operations and workplace employee activities.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the General Manager.
1. Directs and controls the daily operations to ensure the school is running according to GSS standard operating procedures.
2. Manages the staff of GSS to ensure high productivity, excellent performance and positive employee satisfaction.
3. Trains and oversees aquatics department to provide superior swim instruction to the students ofGSS. Interacts with the Deck Supervisors and Lead Teachers on issues related to classscheduling, student progress, customer service and employee performance and training.
4. Provides sales and marketing training to all qualified sales staff.
5. Provides direction in the retail and vending departments to ensure a proper mix of products and pricing is achieved.
6. Trains and oversees birthday party’s staff to ensure that the GSS standard operating procedures are being maintained.
7. Gains knowledge and experience in the Links software to achieve a high level of competence in bookings, class scheduling, reporting and administrative functions.
8. Gains a high level of knowledge and experience in the GSS pool operations necessary to maintain a safe and sanitary swim environment.
9. Initiates and oversees workplace employee activities (“Fun” Department) with the goal of achieving improved employee satisfaction.
10. Directs and oversee the implementation of the Emergency Action Plan and all safety procedures that pertain to the GSS facility. Trains all current staff on the GSS EAP.
11. Maintains current certifications and stays up-to-date professionally on the aquatics and management field.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications or equivalent is desired. Experience as youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor or aquatics instructor/supervisor is preferred. Three to five years management experience is preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: Lifeguard and CPR/First Aid certifications required.
Send Inquiries to email@example.com