The “clipboard menu” redesign comes on the heels of its recent 10th birthday celebration and involves a new selection of signature burgers, bowls, salads, sides, and more, in addition to new build-your-own ingredients such as ahi tuna, quinoa, coleslaw, and a Hawaiian bun.
Because of the different combinations possible, The Counter accommodates friends and family who are all on different diets (paleo, gluten-free, vegan, etc.)
“We first opened The Counter 10 years ago with the purpose of bringing a customizable burger to people who wanted to have fun with their food, and with really good ingredients,” said Jeff Weinstein, co-founder and co-CEO of The Counter.
“Since then, we’ve grown to over 30 locations, introduced new items such as bison and a gluten-free menu," he said, "and changed a few things, but the 10-year mark was a great time to shake things up on a bigger scale and address the evolving palates of the consumers.”
A few of the new additions include the following:
- Starters – Deviled Eggs with cheddar, bacon, and parsley; Marinated Tomato Salad with red onion and fresh mozzarella
- Salads – Kale Salad with green cabbage, jicama, celery, and feta tossed in a lemon vinaigrette; Hippie Salad with quinoa, goat cheese, sprouts, marinated tomatoes, and garlic croutons
- Sandwiches – Veggie Club with grilled zucchini, roasted red pepper, grilled carrot, avocado, tomato, fresh mozzarella, and a basil pesto spread
- Burgers – Southeast Asian Ahi with Ahi tuna, pickled carrot & daikon sauce; nor-soy sauce, sweet sriracha sauce, tomato, and a brioche bun; Un-Brie-lievable with 100% natural ground turkey, soft-ripened brie, mixed greens, tomato, cranberries, and apricot sauce on a multigrain bun; Sprouted Veggie with the house-made vegan veggie patty, red onion, organic mixed greens, roasted red peppers, sprouts, and Dijon balsamic on a multigrain bun
- Burger Bowls – Sonoma Bowl with beef, organic mixed greens, quinoa, herbed goat cheese spread, grilled red onions, oven-roasted tomatoes, and basil pesto; Bison is So Gouda with organic bison, smoked gouda, organic mixed greens, olive tapenade, marinated artichokes, roasted red peppers, and lemon vinaigrette
There are select staples that will remain—such as the Parmesan Fries and the Old School Burger—along with market-fresh cocktails, craft beers, and The Counter’s ever-popular adult milkshakes and malts.
What's your favorite item on the menu? Tell us in the comments box below.
Know a great restaurant or business we should check out? Send your news tip to: MaryAnn.Barton@Patch.com