Giant Foods at North Point will hold a grand re-opening ceremony at 8:30 a.m. on Friday, and the store will be celebrating its renovation with special events and the chance for one customer to win free groceries for a month.
The store, located at 1450 North Point Village Center, will provide a treasure map to all customers during special event hours (3 to 7 p.m. Friday; noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday), encouraging them to explore the changes throughout the store. A completed map gives customers the chance to win free groceries for a month.
Giant will also offer raffles, tastings and prizes over the next four weekends.
The store renovation includes:
- New floral department located near the front of store.
- Redesigned produce department, featuring greater selection of fresh fruits and vegetables and a new salad bar.
- New bakery offering fresh baked goods including Giant’s exclusive line of Madelyn cakes and lattice pies.
- Expanded natural and organic section with 25 percent more items.
- Continued use of in-store technologies including “SCAN IT!” hand-held devices, which allow customers to scan and bag their groceries while they shop, and “ORDER IT!” deli kiosks, where customers can digitally place deli orders and continue shopping. When order is ready for pick-up, customers receive an alert.
- Six self-checkout lanes and two dedicated self-checkout lanes for SCAN-IT! users. There are a total of 20 registers for customer convenience.