1. The Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) announced it is not endorsing a candidate in Virginia’s gubernatorial race.
A little backstory: TechPAC, an independent, non-partisan committee of NVTC, voted last week to endorse Republican Ken Cuccinelli for Governor by a majority of its voting trustees present.
NVTC said in a statement that it "acknowledges and respects TechPAC’s endorsement process, which was deliberative, transparent and consistent with TechPAC’s bylaws. The TechPAC endorsement, however, may not in itself reflect the views of NVTC’s membership. Given the deeply divided opinions of the NVTC membership concerning this race, NVTC is making no endorsement in the gubernatorial election."
2. ICYMI: California Tortilla is returning - The restaurant closed in Summer 2012 but it is returning to the same spot at North Point Village Center, presumably owned by a different franchisee.
3. Cat care coming - A new business, Just Cats Clinic, will open soon at Lake Anne Plaza. Check them out here. The vet practice is eyeing a "late Fall" opening at 1601 Washington Plaza.
4. Container Store fun Saturday and Sunday - To celebrate its grand opening in Reston, The Container Store will give away great prizes every hour on the hour, all weekend long, including a $1000 elfa closet makeover both days. It is also giving 10 percent of weekend sales to Cornerstones (Reston Interfaith).
The store, located at 1851 Fountain Dr., opens its doors Saturday at 9 a.m.
5. Cash for Clarabridge - Reston-based Clarabridge, a technology company that analyzes customer feedback for companies such as Wal-Mart, Marriott, Choice Hotels and PetSmart, has received an $80 million investment, one of the largest equity infusions in the Washington area this year.
Clarabridge employs about 170 people worldwide, including 140 at its headquarters in Reston. The $80 million came from Summit Partners, General Catalyst Partners and investor/entrepreneur Yuchun Lee.