With more than 200 juried artists from across the country selected on the basis of quality, originality, and craftsmanship, the festival is a showcase for premier fine art and craft.
Produced by the non-profit Greater Reston Arts Center (GRACE), the Festival will take place the weekend of May 16-18 throughout the streets of Reston Town Center.
The three-day event attracts approximately 30,000 patrons from across the region and provides a personal and interactive experience to view, purchase, and experience art directly from the unique and talented artists featured.
The festival will open on Friday night (May 16) with a ticketed Opening Night Party at the Town Center Pavilion featuring a silent auction, special raffle, and food and beverages.
Tickets can be purchased in advance on line at www.restonarts.org.
The festival continues through the weekend, and this year features extended hours on Saturday and Sunday (see event details below, under 'The Scoop').
The festival offers plenty to see, taste, hear and do: from handcrafted, one-of-a-kind artwork, artist demonstrations, live acoustical busker musicians and acclaimed children’s activities including a public art project developed over the course of the weekend.
Local and national artists are represented in 16 different categories, including Ceramics, Digital and Multi-Media Art, Drawing, Fiber/Textiles, Furniture, Glass, Jewelry, Leather, Metal, Mixed Media 2D, Mixed Media 3D, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, and Wood.
With generous support from the Reston Community Center, the Festival will feature live, acoustic busker musicians throughout the weekend.
- What: 23rd Annual Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival (Produced by the Greater Reston Arts Center)
- Who: Contemporary artwork from over 200 artists in 16 categories
- Where: Reston Town Center - 12001 Market Street, Reston
- When: Friday, May 16, 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.; Saturday May 17, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Sunday, May 18, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Weather: Rain or Shine
- Opening Night Party: Friday, May 16, 5– 8 p.m., Town Center Pavilion. Tickets required, and are available online for purchase.
- Contact: For additional information about GRACE, the Northern Virginia Arts Festival, sponsorship or volunteer opportunities visit www.restonarts.org or www.NorthernVirginiaFineArtsFestival.org
With the help of community sponsors IPAR and Reston Town Center Association, a public art project will be on display in the Family Art Park (Reston Town Square Park).
In support of GRACE, there is a suggested Festival entry donation of $5 on Saturday and Sunday this year, which will entitle patrons to a program that will include discount coupons to multiple Town Center restaurants and retail stores. Children 18 and under are free.
Pre-sale festival entry can be purchased online at a 20 percent discount.
The Northern Virginia Fine Arts Festival is made possible through the generous support of Signature Community Sponsors, the Reston Community Center and the Reston Town Center Association and Opening Night Party Sponsor, The M Group Architects.