Greater Reston Arts Center's annual Collector's Choice Raffle (formerly the C-Note Sale) returns Dec. 16.
The event raises money to support GRACE programs and is a chance for local art lovers to win orginal works by regional and national artists. Close to 100 pieces have been donated for the event.
The raffle takes place at 2 p.m. Dec. 16, but there are other ways to participate if you cannot make it in person (See below).There will also be other events making up Collector's Weekend at GRACE. Among them:
Friday, Dec. 14
6:30-8:30 p.m., Free
Saturday, Dec. 15
Holiday Open House: Noon to 8 p.m., Free
Silent Auction: 2 to 4 p.m.
Sunday, December 16
Collector's Choice Raffle: 2 p.m.
Here is how Collector's Choice works:
1. Purchase your ticket online or at the gallery.
Tickets are $150 ($125 for GRACE Members).
2. Every ticket buyer will be assigned a number.
3. Browse the works of art available for the raffle online and download a ranking/proxy form.
4. Come in to the gallery to pick up your Collector’s Choice Preview Booklet and to view the works first hand.
5. Create a list and rank all the pieces of art you would consider taking home.
6. Come to the raffle. When your number is called you will get to select a work that no one before you has chosen.
Your turn to select and all the art you wanted gone?
Choose one of 3 options.
1. Convert your ticket value into a tax-deductible donation to the Greater Reston Arts Center.
2. Credit the money towards a GRACE Membership.
3. Reserve two tickets to the Opening Night Party of the Northern Virigina Fine Arts Festival on Friday, May 17.
Can’t make it to the event but still want to support GRACE?
Participate by proxy. Complete a ranking/proxy form and have a GRACE staff members serve as your proxy during the raffle. All ranking/proxy forms must be received by 8 p.m. Dec. 14, and can be picked-up at the gallery or downloaded from our website.