During the snow storm, Fairfax County police will only be responding to accident reports that meet the following criteria:
- Hit and run.
- One or more vehicles are not drivable.
- Active argument or conflict between the drivers.
If you call in a routine accident that does not meet the above criteria, you will be directed to exchange information with the other driver and to notify your insurance company.---
Monday, 8 a.m.: Due to unsafe road conditions, trash and recycling collection for Fairfax County customers on Monday collection routes will be cancelled. Please continue to check this blog or the County Customer website, for updated service information.
The impact of the winter weather may also be affecting the operations of private trash and recycling collectors. Customers of private service providers (more than 85 percent of county households) should contact their trash and recycling collector directly for any changes in service. Contact information for private trash and recycling collectors operating in Fairfax County is available online.
If your trash collection service has been postponed until another dayplease remove your trash containers from the curb in order to enhance the effectiveness of snow clearing operations and to avoid having your containers damaged or buried in snowbanks.• Fairfax County Government offices are closed Monday, March 3, and employees are granted emergency administrative leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
• The Fairfax County Circuit Court, General District Court and Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court are closed on Monday.
- FEDERAL OFFICES in the Washington, DC, area are CLOSED for Monday. Emergency and telework-ready employees required to work must follow their agency's policies, including written telework agreements.
- required to telework,
- on official travel outside of the Washington, DC, area,
- on leave without pay, or
- on an alternative work schedule (AWS) day off.
Telework-Ready Employees who are scheduled to perform telework on the effective day of the announcement or who are required to perform telework on a day when Federal offices are closed must telework the entire workday or request leave, or a combination of both, in accordance with their agency's policies and procedures, subject to any applicable collective bargaining requirements.
Emergency Employees are expected to report to their worksite unless otherwise directed by their agencies.
- SUSPENDED: All Metrobus service (all routes, all lines) will be suspended Monday morning due to expected hazardous weather conditions.
Metro's Emergency Operations Center will monitor weather and road conditions during the day on Monday to determine when service may be restored. Bus service will only be restored when it is safe to do so. Customers are encouraged to sign up for MetroAlerts for their route to receive updates.
Buses are expected to continue running until the last scheduled trips tonight (Sunday).