The new Silver Line Reston-Wiehle East Station will feature Fairfax County’s first enclosed, secure bicycle parking facility with a capacity for more than 200 bicycles. The bike room facility will feature ample parking with a combination of floor mounted bicycle racks as well as vertical space-saver racks. In-room amenities include:
- Bench seating
- Parking for oversized bikes/bikes with trailers
- Two ”fix it” stations featuring a work stand, an assortment of commonly used bike tools, and an air pump
Access to the room will be controlled electronically. Each subscriber will be issued an access key fob which will allow access to the room 24 hours-a-day, seven days-a-week. You must subscribe to use this facility.
The membership cost to use this facility is $75 a year, which includes a one-time $15 non-refundable fee for the security device and application processing. After the first year, users will be charged only $60 a year.In anticipation of the opening of the Silver Line and Wiehle-Reston East Station you can purchase an annual bike room membership (12 months) for $75, after March.1
*includes one-time $15 fee for the key fob (electronic access device)
The room will be available to bicyclists starting on opening day of the Silver Line.Interested in joining? Contact the county by either filling out a form here or calling the Fairfax County Department of Transportation at 703-877-5766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register with Fairfax County. The membership package includes an application form, an agreement, and other related information. Submit your completed forms along with payment (checks should be made out to County of Fairfax) to:
- Fairfax County Department of Transportation
4050 Legato Road, Suite 400
Fairfax, Virginia 22033-2895
- What will you receive? When your package arrives, it will include a copy of your membership application and agreement. You’ll also receive your electronic access (key fob) device, and three bicycle registration stickers. The stickers are numbered and registered to your membership account. We know bicyclists often have more than one bike so we’re including three stickers with each membership application. Remember, all bicycles in the room must have a current room registration sticker on their bike.