If there is a snowfall of two inches or more, VDOT will activate their online snow plow tracking website.
Constituents will be able to track a snow plow within their neighborhood and learn the status of the snow plowing operation. VDOT will be working closely with Dominion Power to help electrical crews get to power problems more efficiently.
There are a couple bits of information Hunter Mill District constituents should remember:
- If the snow fall is more than two inches, visit http://www.vdotplows.org to see the status of plowing in Northern Virginia.
- For general snow removal information, visit http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/snow.asp
- Report unplowed roads, hazardous conditions to email@example.com, 800-367-7623, or the Hunter Mill District office, 703-478-0283.
- Do not pass a snow plow vehicle.
- Shovel to the right facing the road.
- Park on the odd numbered side of the street during snow events to allow the snow plow access on your street.
A mobilization scale of 1 to 5 is used to measure the severity level. In general, an event with a mobilization of three or greater will trigger plowing activities and the district will be shaded in blue.
For mobilizations less than 3, the district will be shaded gray and limited plowing may be conducted on major highways.
In Northern Virginia (Nova District), the district is divided up by service areas know as Local Area Headquarters and then further sub-divided into neighborhoods. These subdivisions are visible as you zoom into the district.
When plowing is underway, the location of plow trucks is updated every two minutes and the neighborhoods are color coded depending on their stage of completion.
FOLLOW RESTON PATCH FOR THE LATEST NEWS AND EVENTS!
Facebook | Twitter | Daily & Breaking News E-mail Updates