In 2009, Fairfax County passed a Comprehensive Plan Amendment "designed to foster redevelopment of the [Lake Anne Village Center] in a well-designed, integrated, and efficient manner that is supportive of the unique character of the historically significant Washington Plaza."
Since then, an interim agreement has been reached regarding the Crescent Apartments, and a controversial land swap was approved by the Reston Association Board of Directors.
The redevelopment of Lake Anne has several objectives:
- Serve as a catalyst for revitalization
- Embrace the objectives of the Comprehensive Plan for a vibrant, mixed-use community
- Create a high-quality development that complements the existing Lake Anne community
- Ensure diverse housing options, including senior, workforce and affordable housing
- Enhance pedestrian and bicycle connections throughout the area
The open house will take place Monday, Feb. 3 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Reston Community Center, 1609-A Washington Plaza in Lake Anne.
FOLLOW RESTON PATCH FOR THE LATEST NEWS AND EVENTS!
Facebook | Twitter | Daily & Breaking News E-mail Updates