As the East Coast Vienna residents should keep these numbers, websites and pages on hand during and after the storm.
Get updates from towns across Northern Virginia with Patch's Northern Virginia Hurricane Page on Facebook.
For residents who may need to report downed trees, please call the Reston Association main number (703-435-6530) or e-mail Central Services at CSFstaff@reston.org. RA has begun preparations for the storm, including monitoring the lakes, and will keep members advised via www.reston.org, social media and other outlets.
Fairfax County also has a new emergency information blog.
Downed Trees: For more information on tree removal services after the storm
Adjacent to Public Roads
- Contact Virginia Department of Transportation at 1-800-FOR-ROAD, TTY 711.
On County Parkland
- Contact Fairfax County Park Authority at 703-324-8594, TTY 703-324-3988.
Posing Hazard to Public Areas
- Contact Fairfax County Urban Forestry at 703-324-1770, TTY 703-324-1877.
- Removal is the property owner's responsibility. Be aware of the risk of chain saw injury during tree removal. Use a chain saw safely to clear debris.
The Fairfax County Non-Emergency number (703-691-2131) should be used for non-emergency or routine public safety request for assistance. However, if you have an emergency, please dial 9-1-1.
- Fairfax Water at 703-698-5800, TTY 703-698-7025. After hours, call 703-698-5613, TTY 711
- Rising water that threatens your safety, call 9-1-1
- Storm flooding during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.), call 703-877-2800, TTY 711
- For after-hours storm flooding emergencies that are not life threatening, call 703-323-1211, TTY 703-239-8498, and state that you are reporting a storm sewer emergency
- For sanitary sewer flooding, call 703-323-1211, TTY 703-239-8498
- If you have damp walls or floors, contact a water removal or restoration company
Sewer Breaks or Back-ups
- Call the Department of Public Works and Environmental Services at 703-323-1211 or 703-250-2003, TTY 703-239-8489
- Call the Health Department at 703-246-2201, TTY 711
Phone, Cable, and Internet Service
- Cox Cable, Phone, and Internet: Call 703-378-8422 or visit their website.
- Comcast: Report outages to 800-266-2278 or visit www.comcast.com
- Verizon Phone and Internet: Call 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966) or visit their website.
- Direct TV: Call 1-800-531-5000 or visit their website.
- Dish Network: Call 1-800-333-3474 or visit their website.