They lost almost everything in the fire, and are looking for help in a number of ways. Direct financial assistance can be made through a GoFundMe page, which will help the family with money needed to relocate to a new residence.
The family could also use donations of gift cards to grocery stores, as well as places like Target.
In addition, the family lost their entire wardrobe was ruined by the fire, and they have the following needs:
- Multiple of each of the following items: shirts, pants, undergarments, socks, pajamas, shoes, jackets, gloves, etc.
- Mom: size medium 10-12, shoes 8-9; style: modern, contemporary. She’s a professional recruiter.
- 8-year-old boy: sizes 10-12; shoes 3-4; style: athletic
- 9-year-old girl: sizes 10-12, shoes 4-5; style: girly
The family is hoping to move to a into a three bedroom, two bath home this weekend, and can use the following items to help fill the place, since everything else was lost in the fire.
- Mom bedroom/bathroom: Queen mattress (new would be better)and frame, dresser, bedding: theme navy blue/white - sheets, duvet/comforter, pillows. Bathroom: theme navy blue/white - shower curtain, towels, hand towels, bath mat, all bathroom accessories and cleaning suppliles.
- Boy Bedroom: bedding (twin bed): theme pokemon - sheets, duvet/comforter, pillows; dresser (light oak would preferred as donated bed frame is light oak), curtains.
- Girl Bedroom: Twin Mattress and frame, bedding (twin bed): theme girly/frilly - sheets, duvet/comforter, pillows; dresser, curtains
- Children's bathroom: Theme: neutral/child friendly - shower curtain, towels, hand towels, bat mat, all bathroom accessories
- Living room: Sitting chair (sofa already donated), coffee table, end table, lamps, work desk/chair, curtains: neutral, TV, TV Stand, DVD Player, Wii Console.
More information on how to donate specific items can be found here.
Cash donations, as well as any of the items listed above, can be dropped off at 11585 Southington Lane, Herndon.
FOLLOW RESTON PATCH FOR THE LATEST NEWS AND EVENTS!
Facebook | Twitter | Daily & Breaking News E-mail Updates