1. This is the race's 30th year. It has grown from about 165 finishers in 1984 to more than 600 - and nearly as many volunteers - today. Local racers Neil Medoff and Rick Uhrig have competed every year. To read more about the triathlon's history, click here.
2. The forecast for early Sunday is 63 degrees and sunny. Water temperature in Lake Audubon is about 79 degrees, race officials said. In other words, perfect conditions are expected for a race that has been marred in recent years by heavy rains that forced cancellation of the swim portion.
3. The race begins at 7 a.m. in Lake Audubon (one-mile swim). The bike loop goes 22.3 miles (three loops) through South Reston, then the 10K run goes on Reston Association paths and finishes at South Lakes High School. Where is your favorite spot to watch the race? Tell us in the comments below.
Meanwhile, some roads in South Reston may be affected as bikers come through. No roads will be closed, but some lanes on the bike route will be coned off and will slow traffic, so plan accordingly if you need to get somewhere Sunday morning.
4. Have you participated before? Newbies would welcome your advice. Tell them your thoughts in the comments below.
5. Last year's winner, Henry Tragle, age 36, finished in 1:59.14. Will the winner finish in less than two hours again this year? Stay tuned. Meanwhile, check out last year's results here.