Invite a friend
2013 Xing Wen Art Studio Exhibition
February 2013 Hunters Woods Exhibit
This exhibition displays Xing Wen's paintings of the Yi and Tibetan ethnic groups in China. Indigenous to China's Southwest mountain ranges, the cheerful and hardworking Yi are known for their beautiful cultural dances in which they don gorgeous headdresses adorned with gold, silver, and colorful stones. These specific paintings are made with Chinese ink and pigments on traditional Chinese rice paper.
Also featured in this exhibit are the works of Mrs. Xing's students who participated in the Federal Junior Duck Stamp Contest and State Fish Stamp Contest in 2012. The young artists range in age from five to eighteen years old. Featured are White Swan by Crystal Pan, age 13 and The Sea Duck by Kevin Yu, age 14. Acrylic and pencil were used to create both works.
Xing Wen graduated in 1982 from the Academy of Fine Arts of the South West University of China and has been teaching in Fairfax for more than fifteen years.
|Where||Reston Community Center 2310 Colts Neck Road, Reston, VA 20191|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||9:00 am–9:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
|Phone||703 476 4500|
More About Reston Community Center
The Reston Community Center (RCC) is a popular spot for athletic, cultural and community events. RCC offers more than 1,800 programs, for infants through senior citizens, and helps contribute to Reston's close community spirit. RCC is home to athletic facilities, including the newly refurbished indoor pool, and a wide variety of performing arts at the facility's CenterStage Theatre.
Other events here
- Annual Youth Concert Today, May 19, 4:00 pm–6:00 pm
- SkillSource Job Fair Tue, May 21, 12:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Celebrate Your Bonus Years Wed, May 22, 11:00 am–2:30 pm
- Community Coffee Weekly on Saturdays, 9:00 am–11:00 am
- Support Group for Lupus Patients & Family May 1, 2013 / May 8, 2013 / June 5, 2013 / July 3, 2013 / August 7, 2013 / September 4, 2013 / October 2, 2013 / November 6, 2013 / December 4, 2013, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- South Lakes Jazz Dessert Concert Fri, Jun 7, 7:30 pm–9:00 pm
- Reston Community Orchestra's CARIBBEAN NIGHT April 19, 2013 / April 19, 2014, 7:30 pm